What are the needs of your Church?
1.What is the principle purpose and reason for your church to exist?
2.What are the needs in the church? Try to list 20. Include such things as discipleship training, fourth grade Sunday School class, etc.
3.Now rate the importance of each of those needs, keeping in mind Biblical priorities over personal ones!
4.What are the demographics of your congregation, such as age, education, social and cultural makeup, etc.?
5.Now take a careful look at the various ministries of your church, even if they are not yet started. Ask what the needs are for each one. You can use our list below or simplify it into four categories:
1. Worship Services, including teaching and prayer
2. Fellowship and Pastoral Care
3. Discipleship and Sunday School classes
(In no particular order of importance).
- Bible studies
- Leadership training
- Community relationships
- Staff encouragement and development
- Youth Ministry
- Children's ministries
- Married couples
- Elderly ministry
Men's / Women's Ministries
6.What programs are already in place? Which ones are needed? Which ones are strong? Which ones are weak?
7.What are the top five programs? Do not neglect the others if they are real and Biblical!
8. If these ideas were implemented, how would the church look, and how would it be benefited?
9.What would happen if these ideas were not implemented?
10. Brainstorm how you can meet the needs! Determine the type of programs that can meet those needs.
© 1986, 1988, 1998, Richard J. Krejcir, Ph.D. Schaeffer Institute of Church Leadership, http://www.churchleadership.org/