Honesty & Truthfulness (Psalm 15:2; 25:5; John 16:6; 17; 2 Cor. 8:21; Ephesians 4:15; 25; Philippians. 4:8) means being straight and honest with others and doing what is right. This trait will allow us to earn trust by being accurate with facts and situations.
Dishonesty and Lying are the opposites. These rotten fruits will cause us to seek dishonest gain and step on others to get our way. It will allow us to believe "the ends justify the means" when God has the means as His will. Such as the journey to know God's will is God's will, not just what the goal. is. The way we live our life is more important than the goals we obtain!
Honesty is holding onto Biblical principles and being consistent with them. This will translate in all of our dealings equaling the hallmark of integrity on how we really are and how we are really perceived. How we are is how others will perceive Christ, if we are dishonest then, "why should I bother with Christianity," will say the unbeliever. Truthfulness will see truthfulness, which will allow us to see Jesus as worthy of our trust. His truth points us to the Father (Matthew 11:27). His truth will give us wisdom (Luke 21:15). His truth will make all things work together for our good (Romans 8:28). Then we will be drawn to truth and truth will spill over from us onto others around us. So let us trust in Him. Follow Him and worship Him.
- How do I exhibit Honesty in my daily life?
- What can I do to develop a better attitude of Truthfulness?
- What blocks me from exercising Honesty?
- How can I make integrity function better, stronger and faster even in times of uncertainly and stress?
- How would you define Honesty? Are you an honest person?
- What are the things that cause you to lie to others?
- How does being Dishonest counteract Honesty?
- What happens to our relationships with God and others when we are Dishonest with others?
- When have you been filled with Honesty the most?
- In what situation did you fail to be Honest in which you should have?
- What issue is in your life that would improve with being more Honest?
- Think through the steps you need to take to put Honesty into action in a specific instance. Such as do I really believe that honesty is a virtue, if so how do I apply it in work, friends, church…?
· Here are positive examples from Scripture (Gen. 31: 36-42; 43:11-12; Matt. 26:59-64)