We "congregate" as a redeemed family to worship God.
1. Public Worship.
Ps. 122:1; Acts 2:42, 46-47; Heb. 10:25.
- Worship is an end in itself, not merely a means to an end.
- We do not worship to become holy. We are made holy to worship.
- We do not worship to get ourselves "charged up" for evangelism.
- We evangelize in order to bring men and women to worship the true God.
2. Private Worship.
3. Worship through life,love, service and witness.love, service and witness.
Rom. 12:1; Heb. 13:15-16; I Peter 2:9-12.
4. Praise joined with prayer in Scripture.
Phil. 4:6; I. Th. 5:16-18.
- The "house of prayer" is to be entered with praise and thanksgiving (Ps. 100:4; Mark 11:17).
- Scripture calls us to worship, praise and thanksgiving. Ps. 9:11; Heb. 13:15; I. Pet. 2:9; Rev. 19:5.
- Because of who God is.I Chr. 16:29; Ps. 18:3, 96:9; Is. 6:1-8; Rom. 11:33-36; Rev.4:8-11.
- Because of all He has done. Ps. 103:1-5; Luke 17:17-18; Ro. 12:1; Rev. 5:11-12.
- Because of all He is now doing.
- The common mercies of life, health, food, shelter, security, and peace.
- The assurance of God's presence, provision, and mercy.
- The people around us--family, friends, colleagues, brothers and sisters in Christ.
- The privileges given us in life.
- Opportunities before us for love, service and witness.
- The high calling given us and the privilege of prayer.
5. Because God is at work for good even when things go against us.
Rom. 8:28-29; II Cor. 4:7-12.Rom. 8:28-29; II Cor. 4:7-12.
- "Always and for everything give thanks." I. Th. 5:18, "giving thanks in all circumstances." Eph.5:20
- "Jesus took the cup and gave thanks" Mt. 26:27, I Peter 1:3-9
- Peter miserably denied his Lord. Mk.14:66-72, Acts 3:11; 4:13.
- Stephen was martyred for his witness, yet in …Acts 7:51-8:1; 26:12-19.
- Paul was under pressure "beyond ability to endure" (II Cor. 1:8-11; 2:14-17.
Though giant rains put out the sun, Here stand I for a sign. Though earth be filled with waters dark, my cup is filled with wine. Tell to the trembling priests that live under the deluge rod, One nameless, tattered, broken man Stood up and drank to God. G.K. Chesterton
6. Because of all God will do.
I Cor. 15:20-28; Phil. 2:9-10; I John 3:1-3; Rev. 22:3-5.I Cor. 15:20-28; Phil. 2:9-10; I John 3:1-3; Rev. 22:3-5.
7. A pattern for private worship.
- Look up - in adoration.
- Offer up- in whole 'souled out' dedication.
- Gather up- in heartfelt praise and thanksgiving.
- Get up - go with God in commitment and confidence .
- Reinforce - with teammates in Christ.
8. Praise also releases God's power.